Our Preschool program is taught by one of our University trained Early Childhood teachers.
So what exactly does it involve?
- Name writing, pencil grip (known as tripod or pincer grip), cutting/scissor skills, manipulation
- Literacy an Numeracy sills (number and letter recognition), shapes, colours, etc
- Concepts such as positions, opposites, sequencing, encouraging them to ask questions– who, why, how?
- Social skills– developing confidence and the skills they need to interact with others and to grow to become the individual child that they are.
- Self help skills– toileting, lunch boxes– opening them and items on their own, dressing themselves, shoes and socks etc
- Lengthening group times to extend their level of concentration.
- Cutting down rest times and encouraging relaxation time instead.
- Exposure to scientific concepts, addition and subtraction
- Weekly News / show and tell.
- Computer literacy skills
- This is all done through fun learning experiences based on children’s likes and interests and what is happening at home and the world they live in.