PALS – (Playing and Learning to Socialise)
Our Social skills program
The program aims to promote important social skills by teaching the children constructive ways to solve problems that arise in social situations. This is done in a fun and interactive way using stories acted out by puppets, video scenarios, probe questions, role play activities and songs.
Each week we focus on a different social skill.
- Social skills taught include:
- Greeting others;
- Taking turns: Talking, listening, playing;
- Asking for help;
- Identifying feelings;
- Overcoming fear and anxiety;
- Managing frustration; and
- Calming down and speaking up.